- I'm thankful that both my husband and I have tenure at our private research university. It was a long haul, but we made it through.
- I'm thankful for a very supportive spouse who shares much of the parenting load with me.
- I'm thankful for our kiddos who are very cute and remind me that there is more to life than work.
- I'm thankful for a wonderful school for said kiddos where I am confident they are happy and well stimulated socially and intellectually, allowing me to focus on work.
- I'm thankful for a wonderful lab tech/manager who is supportive and trustworthy.
- I'm thankful for my graduate students who are building a wonderful lab spirit in the new iteration of our lab (after the big wave of graduating students) and who are hard working scientists/engineers.
- I'm thankful for my former grad students who are off doing their own wonderful things now and staying in touch to share the adventures.
- I'm grateful to have receive some acknowledgement of my service work recently that has let me know that all of those committees I've been on through the years are actually worth something (both in terms of what they do around the university and in terms of my career).
- I'm grateful for a wonderful mentor who is so generous with her time and her reflection on challenges that lie ahead. Her guidance and encouragement to take on new roles has been so key.
Now back to that grant for next week's deadline! What are you thankful for?